Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birthday Girl

The big 3-0. 

Hello Beautiful! 

I never really thought about were I would be or what I would be doing when I reached thirty. Goals I would have reached or places I would be and here she is big and beautiful. I am healthy, I am happy, I am alive and I am blessed. The older I get the more I understand, relate and grow. What you thought was important may have just been a lesson, the battles you chose to fight may have just been your ego and the friends you make will help you through life by just being still and listen, don't let those ones go. Looking back at the last 10years of my life I realized there are many things I know at 30 that I didn’t quite understand at 20.

Enjoy Today- Worry doesn’t really change your future so enjoy today. Since having a baby I want to focus on what matters and that's the now.

This is your only life, invest in the things that matter- Every year I get older I realize this is it, I only get this one life and I chose to invest it in things that matter. God & Family... OK and coffee. ;)

Laugh- Why not? Don't take life so serious. You are not stuck and don't chose to tell yourself you are. Laughter is the best medicine for your soul and its free.

Let it go- Would you carry a 20lb rock around for five years? I didn't think so. Forgive and let it go. Some things are not worth your worry. You cant grow with that much extra weight hanging off of you. Forgiveness is worth the hard work.

Travel-  I get so much personal growth from traveling and seeing the world. I see how blessed I am and how beautiful Gods country really is.

It doesn’t matter what people think of you, and you can’t please everyone.- Wake up for you. Everyone is judging to some extent but if you live by others judgment you lose yourself. Please what matters most to you in your life.  

Being healthy matters- I'm not talking about McDonald's vs. a Salad (although its a wise choice) I'm talking about freeing your mind. Take 5 deep breaths or taking a bath in silence, take a walk, read a book. Detox your mind so you don't lose yourself in the hustle and bustle.

You can't fail- The only way to fail is to give up but your not really failing because your not giving up on giving up... ;)

Love unconditionally- Will I ever truly understand this meaning? Someday, but for now I will try my hardest and know I gave it my all.

There is so much more to life then I will ever know. I do know I will never live a day with out a relationship with God. I haven't got this far being on my own. I will fight for my family even on a good day and I will love with my whole heart even if it scars me.

 Here's to the next 30!

post signature

1 comment: