Monday, December 23, 2013

She Eats Truth

My heart is heavy, My time is now, I know what works for ME.
This is my journey of struggles, grace, compassion & forgiveness.


I've struggled with weight gain, weight lose, repeat for so long now its hard to remember the last time I had that feeling of acceptance and feeling alive. In the early stages it never seemed like a struggle but more so filling a void of some kind and just plain boredom eating. She Eats Truth is an ongoing blog post for myself about my personal struggles with food addictions, inner self battles but most of all the love and grace for who I am along the way. Its time to start telling myself the truth.

"Every Diet works, if it fail its because I allowed it to."

I gave myself a time. A time that I just let myself be, except my body for the gift it just gave, be kind to my stretch marks, love my curves and most of all not to worry about me but focus on my Son and his needs for the first year of his life and just really embrace this time. I told myself when Bryson turns one my time is just that, my time. Not the greatest timing around the Holidays but I know if I get through this there is no excuses. Besides there will always be more Holiday fest and this is a promise I made to myself a year ago. I feel like my struggle with food is 50% boredom eating, 30% addicting and 20% its just plain GOOD! I want to drop some lb's to get healthy, I want to be my old self physically and enjoy feeling healthy and more alive. I get stuck in a rut of carbs and junk food. Enough is enough. I know what works for me but I also now what doesn't. This time around I want to try something different. That's were this blog post comes in. I've tried a handful of diets in the past and guess what? They all worked! Yup, Worked. The problem.... Me. Once I was down to a comfortable weight I give in to the 50% boredom eating. This go around the only difference is telling myself the truth about how I feel and except if I fail and need to start over. I want to keep posting about it so I can give myself grace and forgiveness along the way and have support to look back on. I also know when I start this journey I need a jump start diet. I'll fill you guys in on what that is later. The only thing standing in my way is my mouth, mind, boredom eating and all that AMAZING God giving food. Yum... Like I said, I will give myself grace in this process because the only way through this journey is truth, love and forgiveness.

Goal:  Pounds to lose- 50lbs

Week 1...

Fallow along with She Eats Truth Here.

post signature
(This is my personal journey. I am no way linked to any diets talked about on my page) 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to follow along on your journey. I am trying to lose 30 pounds by April (ish). Yikes...big goal! I love finding inspirational women. I can't wait for the holidays to be over, quite honestly...so I can focus on healthier eating. One of my "tricks" so far is to not bring anything bad into our home, otherwise we WILL eat it. :) I also got my husband on board and he is doing the t25 workout DVD with me in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the t25! I get so motivated around the new year. Keep me posted on your goals too!

      Delete