Thursday, April 18, 2013

Don't let Google replace your Mother

With the over population of technology and need for speed I always find myself having to multitask to keep my busy world chugging along and my brain satisfied. With more and more ways to communicate without opening your mouth the further away intimate relationships become. Don't get me wrong I LOVE texting, emailing, blogging :) but there is something powerful in a voice on the other end of a conversation that is stronger then any technology invention out there.

The other day I was going to boil some eggs and I don't boil them um.. ever, so I didn't know how long to boil them before they cooked to long. My first thought was to call my Mom (because Mom's know everything!) then within a second I was picking up my phone to Google for my answer... I paused and realized I was replacing my Mothers advise with Google! Then I starting thinking how often I do this on a regular basis and miss out on just being present with people, real people.
When I was younger I used to write an Aunt who lived in California. Even though it was hard to read her writing because she had the fancy cursive I still loved them because it was her. Her hand touched that paper and it was the closest I could be to her with miles between us.
I want to write a letter to my Son every year of his life until he is older. I want to hand write each one so when my time is up he has something to touch from me that I wrote with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment