Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Smoking Salmon

Growing up in Alaska and right on the ocean you can literally live off the land. We go crabbing, fishing, shrimping, clam digging and hunting. Come to think of it I live were others vacation. Not to shabby! I love it here. I feel safe.

The King Salmon Derby is over with my Dad in 3rd place! I finally got one my last day fishing. Man it was a long three weekends but always worth it. 
After our fishing weekends my parents and I smoked up our salmon. Mouth watering I tell ya. Here is how we smoke our salmon...
Cut the salmon into your desired pieces.
Soak in a brine



Sprinkle with Black Pepper
   Brush your marinade on every piece

Use Alder for your firewood
Make sure you have space between each piece for smoke to circulate.

Start your fire and get a good smoke.
Let the smoking begin!


ENJOY!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment