Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Time Out

Sometimes I just need a time out, I think it is only good for your mind/soul. I’m constantly struggling with the balance of home, work, mom, wife & craftier. How much time can I and should I put into my other projects?
A good part of the time this balance/struggle/battle I have is all because I feel guilty but I also know I am the only one holding myself to this standard. Guilty that I’m ignoring my baby, especially in his first year. Guilty that I don't have/make enough alone time with my husband, but struggle with my own alone time as well. 
I like to sit and just hear my own thoughts, have a full phone call with no crying, and finishing a craft project without interruption. Some moms just have it down. (I'm kinda envious)
All of these things I know I feel and believe make me feel guilty. Deep down I know I shouldn’t feel this way, but I think it’s a natural thing to feel, as a first time mom. You want to do everything and anything you can for your baby, keep them alive and safe, get lots of cuddles and kisses BUT, I can’t forget about me. Your family can’t be happy if you’re stressed and not taking care of yourself.
It’s so easy to get into a routine and forget about good ‘ol me. My old hobbies are pushed to the sidelines while I focus on keeping my son happy, the dog walked, the house clean and the dinner on the table. When their happy, I am happy, but I still need to do things for me. (like shower.. just kidding :) I am here to grow as me and teach my son to be the best person he can and not forget to also focus on his happiness (not just of those around you).

I took my own personal time out the other night. I needed the quite sounds of nature, by myself. After Bryson was asleep and B was resting on the couch I went outside and relaxed on the deck over looking the ocean. Here is were I could rest, think, pray and it was much needed.
It’s a weird, rewarding and hard world being a mama. You want to give it all to this child but you still need you. Take care of you, too.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I GET this. We all need personal time, it's so important not to forget to take care of ourselves. Life will just kind of swallow us up if we don't take a time out. Thanks for this reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time out/trying to eat a salad... :) haha, mommy life!

      Delete