Monday, January 13, 2014

She Eats Truth: Helping Myself Succeed


 Since I have been telling myself for a whole year that I was going to get healthy and lose some weight its a lot easier this go around preparing. I feel like I have mentally prepared for it and I'm just ready. I had to write down some pre-diet things that would help myself achieve rather then set myself up to fail. Like I said in my first She Eats Truth post I know what works and what doesn't work for me. I needed at jump start diet that will shed some pounds and get me motivated so I started the HCG diet. I have done this diet in the past and chose it again because it has the biggest and fastest results. Is it the healthiest?  Probably not. Do I follow it correctly? No, I am human and a 500calorie diet only works a few days of week for me.  My all time favorite diet is the Atkins diet and I will probably do that one after I phase this one out. Like I said, I know what I need and what works for me.

Here are ten ways that I set myself up to SUCCEED!

Plan it out- I like to take a weekend and plan out my meals so I have them ready in the fridge for the week ahead all the way down to the correct serving size of my meats. This helps me to not have a wounding eye when I'm hungry and preparing my meal. I am human and will have a sweet tooth at night so I prepare healthy "sweets" to have if that craving kicks in so I don't grab something else.

Lots Of Water- It's true, the more you drink the more you lose. I also noticed if I am on a plateau it helps to guzzle the water. (But man what I would give for Starbucks!!!)

Smaller Bites- Mind over Matter, yup if I am really hungry I will cut a lot more bit size pieces of my food so it takes longer to eat and looks like a lot more. Does it work? For now.

Taste Test- This is a big one for me. I find it less desirable if I don't know what I am missing. Sometimes a small bite or a lick will kill the cravings BUT I've had this go terribly wrong in the past.  

Avoid Temptations- This goes along with the taste testing. If I go to an event that will have a food bar or a friends house I will eat before I go or take along my own snacks. Its not being rude its being loving to yourself. This is one thing you can be selfish about and get away with it feeling loved.

Stay Busy- My boredom eating will set in when I am not doing anything or zoned out to the T.V. So needles to say my Husband loves that dinners are made, Laundry is done and the house is shining! I on the other hand miss my boredom eating HA!

Buy Cheat Food- Yup that's what I said. Its going to happen eventually so I want a healthier approach to "cheating" on a diet so I buy food that if I am going to cheat its a little healthier. Everyone likes a crunchy snack or that sweet & salty mix so my "cheat" food it veggie chips. I love them which makes my struggle hard to only eating a couple and then stop.

Eat in silence- This one is probably the hardest above every other one. Not only am I addicted to the HGTV channel I have a One Year old. The purpose for me to eat in silence is to enjoy my food and not inhale it. Its amazing how much flavor you miss out on by being distracted.

Go to bed early- My boredom eating is in full attack at night so I just have to go to bed early sometimes to avoid it. Talk about mind battles, ugg.

And my final and favorite:

This to shall pass- Its just one day, its just one hour, its just a minute.


Results:
-Total Pounds Lost- 8#
-Total Inches Lost- 8.75"

 post signature 

Fallow along with She Eats Truth Here.
 
(This is my personal journey. I am no way linked to any diets talked about on my page)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never really thought about the eat in silence one. Not sure I need silence, but the thought of focusing on the food and not mindlessly eating is a great idea. I also try try try to put my fork down in between bites so it takes me longer to eat. But MAN is that hard when you've got kids to tend to during dinner (so it's easiest to just shovel all your food in and then be able to focus on them) and/or it just tastes so darn good! :)

    Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Becky its so hard to enjoy food with little ones around. My one year old I swear is never full! I am starting to feel like I need to go eat in my closet to enjoy my food HA! I am a pro at the Shovel eating ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love this, seriously great tips. I think may need to bookmark this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing your instagram pictures at the gym! If we don't love our-self's first we wont have any love to give!

      Delete