Friday, May 3, 2013

Bon Voyage...For a Day

The last line was tossed, the water was calm and we were on our way. Familiar faces all on the same journey, all with the same excitement of new discoveries. As we passed the last point of cell service there was a peace, a calm that I have missed. I needed it. At that moment I turned my connection to the world off and enjoyed my family. This is where I'v needed to be. Present...

Its been years since the Alaska Marine Highway took a trip around our island to the Misty Fjords. This year for their 50th Anniversary they set up a day trip so I was the first in line for the tickets! Bryson went on his first Ferry ride and was amazing! We took an umbrella stroller and he loved looking out at everything going on. The weather had some showers and low fog in some areas but didn't stop us all from enjoying the ride. The Misty Fjords is beautiful! Thousands of  feet high mountain cliffs with amazing waterfalls. The beauty is breathtaking. There was a few whales along the way too. It was an amazing day with the family and even better being unplugged.















 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment