Monday, July 15, 2013

In the Moment

Good morning Monday!

Over looking my blog for this past year I notice a small pattern. One that truly defines my inner soul that I try to be conscious of every day. The pattern- Be in the Moment, Just breathe, live in the now and focus on this day the....right....now.  I love to plan and a few years back I noticed I was so involved in the future and whats next I didn't live for the right now.  You miss so much when your mind is no present. Watching the news this morning I realize how hard this world is making if for us to just enjoy one thing at a time. Just be still. The broadcaster was telling the news, there was a still information box below him on the screen and then a moving information bar at the bottom of the screen. So at one time we are trying to take at least three things in at once and usually they are all different stories. No wonder why society is so demanding for more then what needs to be giving. We are learning to be satisfied we need ten things going on at once. After a while you will start to give up the important things to just try to keep up. Don't try to keep up! The only satisfaction you get is the highlight of the technology buzz and you'll look back one day and I bet you only remember one of those "three" things on the tv screen anyway!  It took lots of practice and patients for me to unfilter what my mind thought was important. The outcome is more relaxing, and peaceful then I could ever imagine. I will continue to keep this pattern in my blog for this is my inner soul. This is what I want to pass on to my children. My right now says "Coffee time".

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment