Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mom, What's for dinner?

 I get stuck in a food rut. Its usually Tacos, Spaghetti, This recipe, cereal and steaks... repeat. I love Skinnytaste.com  they have some great recipes and new ideas. I wish I was a better cook or just had more time to do so.
I love passed down family recipes! Here is one from my great grandmother that I added to. 
So, Mom whats for dinner?...  Sweet and Sour Chicken

What you'll need:
  • 1lb Skinless chicken (any parts)
  • 1 bottle Russian Dressing or Catalina Dressing
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 1 jar apricot/pineapple jam
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 4 Sweet mini peppers
  • 1 Can pineapple chunks
  • Preheat oven to 425*Serving size 4.



Mix together Russian dressing, apricot/pineapple jam & dry onion soup mix. 

Cut Yellow Onion and Mini Peppers to desired size. Add Onion, Mini Peppers & Drained Pineapple to your mix.
Mix well.
 Place Chicken in a 9X13 non-greased baking pan, then pour your mix on top covering the chicken.

 Cover with tinfoil and cook for 30min. Remove tinfoil, and cook for another 15-20min. (Depends on the size of chicken. Cook all meat products to accurate temperatures and check before serving.)


 Serve over rice and enjoy!
Yum Yum, now who made dessert? :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, looks good! I love Skinnytaste too but haven't tried this one...YET! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isnt from Skinnytaste but still delish!

      Delete